Thursday, February 11, 2010

Biden: Iraq one of Obama's greatest achievements

Don't know whether to laugh or hurl in response to this. From Biden:
I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.

I spent -- I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society. It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences.

So, Obama opposes the surge on the basis that it will only worsen sectarian violence and calls for an immediate retreat. Biden argues that the only solution is to divide Iraq into three individual countries despite the fact that a separate Kurdish state could trigger conflict in Turkey. And now these guys claim they are responsible for victory?? Don't think so.

Who is responsible: the US military and the prior administration for having the courage and political fortitude to believe in what those soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen could accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. I think you've forgotten that my helicopter took on actual gunfire. Bushco was protected on Air Force One.


    J. Biden

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger